Wuchopperen Health Service (“we”, “us”, “our”) collects information from clients (“you”) for the primary purpose of providing quality primary health care.
We collect and manage your personal health information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Australian Privacy Principles and the Wuchopperen Health Service Policy Privacy for the Management of Personal Health Information.
We provide copies of this policy, free of charge, for you to access which is available by hard copy on request or on our website.
So that we can appropriately assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in meeting your health care needs, we require you to provide personal details by completing a New Client Form and consenting to us managing your personal health information.
Personal health information refers to personal and health information collected by us and health service providers.
Information collected may be used for the following purposes:
- Administrative purposes in running our health service. This includes compliance with medical and health insurance requirements;
- Disclosure of specific health information to employees and other health professionals involved in providing your ongoing health care.
This will be limited to personal health information that impacts on health care or when a formal consent is not appropriate or required;
- To collect personal health information relevant to your health care from, e.g., pathology, immunisation registers, x-ray facilities;
- Use of de-identified client data of disease and treatment details may be used for quality assurance, research and funding reporting requirements;
- To investigate, respond to or defend claims made against, or involving Wuchopperen; and
- To notify you of the services that we provide and other services which may be offered by other health care service providers.
Your personal health information is contained and stored in a secure electronic Client Health Record. You may request to access your information by completing a Request for Personal Health Information Form, available from our Administration team, or by other means such as email or telephone contact. You will be required to provide identification to access information. We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. We encourage you to tell us when your details change. From time to time we will ask you to verify that the personal information held by us is correct and up to date. You are able to contact Wuchopperen in regard to privacy concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Statement is approved by the Wuchopperen Health Service Board of Directors.