Interested in becoming a member of Wuchopperen?
As a community controlled organisation Wuchopperen is accountable to its membership for the delivery of services. As a member you can have a say in who is elected to the Board of Directors and their accountability in the delivery of services to improve the health and wellbeing of the local community.
Membership costs $1.00. Download the Membership Form here and return it to Wuchopperen with your payment.
Becoming a member
Any person is able to apply for membership of the Company if that person is an individual and:
- Is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; and/or
- Satisfies the board that they subscribe to the objectives of the company; and
- Declares in writing that the applicant agrees to be bound by the constitution; and
- Tenders to the company an application fee of $1.00.
What are the benefits of being a Member?
As a member you can attend, speak and vote at annual and special general meetings and you can:
- Be elected to the Board of Directors if you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person;
- Put forward and vote on resolutions; and
- Ask the Board to call a general meeting.
To become a Member
If you fit the criteria all you need to do is complete a membership form, pay the membership fee and return it to Wuchopperen.
At the next meeting of the Board, your application will be considered and you will be advised in writing of your acceptance.
If you are interested in becoming a member you can call on 4080 1000 and ask to speak to the Executive Assistant or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you become a member, in order to ensure that you receive updates and to be notified of our Annual General and Special General Meetings, it is important that you let us know when you change your address.
How do I stop being a Member?
There a number of ways that your membership can be discontinued which are:
- You can resign by writing to the Secretary of the Board;
- If it appears that you haven’t participated in the activities of the organisation for some time and a notice has been sent to your last known address asking what you intend to do and you don’t respond in writing within three months of receiving this notice, then the Board can resolve to cancel your membership;
- If you’ve committed any act or omission which will, in the opinion of the Board, be injurious to the character or interests or activities of the Company; and/or
- If you are convicted of an indictable offence.
If you make a decision to stop being a member, please resign in writing and address the letter to The Secretary either by:
Post: Wuchopperen Health Service Ltd
PO Box 878
Manunda Qld 4870
Fax: (07) 4032 4962