Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Part Time 0.8
Based in Cairns
The Practice Support Officer will provide practice leadership and supervision including critical incident debriefing, practice guidance and development to the Youth and Family Wellbeing Coordinator and Family Wellbeing Workers. This role will predominantly work with our sub-contracted sites Gurriny Yealamucka Health Service in Yarrabah and Mamu Health Service in Innisfail.
The position would suit an applicant who holds a relevant qualification together with experience in the Human Service field.
Applicants for a specified position must have an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who is recognised and accepted in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; provide a written reference to support their ability to meet selection criteria 2 and 3.
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria and provide a specified reference.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave pro rata
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Consent to a broader criminal history check, where relevant
How to Apply:
Please download Position Description for more information.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday, 14 October 2019
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.