'Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong'
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Full Time – Temporary 31 December 2019
Based in Cairns
The Play Worker is responsible for providing centre based support for families referred for the reunification of their child/ren. The play worker is responsible for the development of play-based programs for children accessing the service and will provide the play facilitator with observations relating to interactions between parents and their child/ren.
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description and provide certified copies of relevant qualifications.
Applicants for a specified position must have an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person who is recognised and accepted in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community; provide a written reference to support their ability to meet selection criteria 2 and 4.
Applicants who do not provide this reference will not be considered.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional development
- Private Health Care Corporate Rate
- 11.5% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Consent to a broader criminal history check, where relevant
How to Apply:
Please download Position Description for more information
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday 22 April 2019
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.