'Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong'
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Full Time Temporary 30 June 2020
Based in Cairns
The Outreach Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker maximises health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities by contributing to high quality outreach clinical primary health care that requires independent delivery at a senior level.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional development
- Private Health Care Corporate Rate
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Consent to a broader criminal history check, where relevant
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by a Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description and provide an Identified reference; applicants who do not provide this will not be considered.
How to Apply:
Please download Position Description for more information.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 17 February 2020
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.