A rewarding opportunity has become available for a motivated community minded professional to work at Wuchopperen to achieve the vision of improving quality of life for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Based in Cairns
The Nurse Home Visitor will provide comprehensive community health nursing services to first time mothers and their extended families in an evidenced based home visiting program using a partnership model. The Nurse Home Visitor will be responsible for delivering best practice maternal & child health education to first time mothers while completing:
- Maternal mental health screening
- Child developmental assessments
- Dyadic assessments of mother and child
The Nurse Home Visitor will work with mothers to improve pregnancy and birth outcomes, enhance early childhood attachment and support mothers to attain an achievable vision for their own future.
The successful applicant will hold a nursing degree and preferably have recent practical experience in maternal or child health or related health field within a community health setting.
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description and provide certified copies of any relevant qualifications.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
How to Apply:
Please download Position Description for more information.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 10 August 2020
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.