Full time, Permanent
Salary $82,047.00 – $88,279.00
The purpose of the Youth Mentor position is to provide appropriate cultural mentoring support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people who have been referred to the service by Queensland Police Service, Diversionary Service, Youth Justice, other community agencies, community members and families to enable connection with their cultural heritage and practices to influence non-offending lifestyles.
The Youth Mentor is supervised by the Manager, Youth and Family Services and the position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position works closely with other members of the Youth and Family Services team and maintains regular contact with other program staff to ensure effective outcomes for clients.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
Applicants for the above position will:
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
- Provide an Identified Reference
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least first 2 vaccinations) and provide evidence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
For more information or to apply please refer to the Position Description or contact Jamie Gibson, Manager Youth and Family Services on
07 4080 1102
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday January 22nd, 2024.