Full Time, Permanent
Based in Edmonton
Salary commensurate with qualification and experience
The Midwife / Registered Nurse is responsible for providing culturally appropriate antenatal and postnatal care with the aim of improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women during their pregnancy and birth continuum.
This position is also responsible for supporting the delivery of effective screening, assessment and follow up Registered Nurse services.
The successful applicant will hold a nursing degree with a postgraduate in Midwifery together with current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) preferably with a Queensland immunisation endorsement. Recent practical experience within a community health setting is highly desirable.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
Applicants for the above position will:
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least first 2 vaccinations plus one booster) and provide evidence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
For more information please see the Position Description or contact Susanne Raistrick, Practice Manager on 07 4080 1056.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 27 November 2023.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.