Full Time, Permanent
Based in Cairns
Salary $80,723 – $87,574
The Generalist Health Worker will work predominantly with clients to provide culturally appropriate and holistic primary health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of Cairns and surrounding districts, including education and promotion, development and implementation of early intervention strategies and clinical screening protocols.
The successful applicant will hold a Certificate IV or higher in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care with direct experience in the delivery of clinical health care services. Registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) is highly desirable.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
To be eligible for interview, applicants must:
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
- Provide an Identified Reference
- Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people) or AHPRA Registration
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least first 2 vaccinations) and provide evidence
- Possess a current driver’s licence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
For more information or to apply please refer to the Position Description or contact Susanne Raistrick, Practice Manager on 07 4080 1056.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 12 February 2024.
Please send all applications to email@example.com