Part Time (26 hours per fortnight), Permanent
Based in Cairns
Salary $32.64 – $35.61 per hour
This position will work as part of the National Community Connector Program (NCCP). The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is implementing the NCCP to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with a disability to navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Community Connectors will work with the NDIA Partners in the Community, NDIS Planners and Support Coordinators to support and promote the NDIS and the NDIA in the community. Community Connectors enable better linkages between people, communities, and services.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
How to Apply:
Applicants for the above position will:
- Provide a cover letter of no more than two pages, addressing the Core Capabilities in the Position Description
- Provide an Identified Reference
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide evidence
Applicants who do not address these requirements, will not be considered for shortlisting.
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
For more information please see the Position Description or contact Darlene Macleod, Coordinator, Integrated Team Care Program on 07 4080 1113.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday, 11 December 2023.