'Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong'
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Full Time – Female Generalist Health Worker (Identified)
Based in Cairns
The Generalist Health Worker will work predominantly with clients to provide culturally appropriate and holistic primary health care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of Cairns and surrounding districts, including education and promotion, development and implementation of early intervention strategies and clinical screening protocols.
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
The Female Generalist Health Worker position has a strong focus on women’s general health and is based in Wuchopperen’s Womens Children and Maternal Health clinic and it is a genuine occupational requirement that the position be filled by a female person as arguable under Section 25, 102 and 103 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 weeks annual leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Commitment to professional development
- 12% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Possess a Certificate IV or higher in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (Practice) and preferably three (3) years of direct experience in the delivery of clinical health care services.
- Hold current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Hold a current Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
Note: Revised legislation requires applicants to hold a blue card prior to commencement. Refer to Qld Government’s Blue Card Services website for more information.
How to Apply:
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description, provide an identified reference and provide certified copies of relevant qualifications; applicants who do not provide this will not be considered.
Please download Position Description for more information.
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Monday, 14th June 2021.