'Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong'
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Based in Cairns
The Family Support Worker (Children and Family Centre) will deliver programs and services that promote positive approaches to parenting, early childhood education and care, and child and family health and wellbeing.
This position will facilitate, participate and provide direct support where identified in child and family plans to achieve best client outcomes by supporting the establishment of healthy and safe home environments, delivery of life-skills & parenting support programs.
The Family Support Worker is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under Section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description and provide an identified reference; applicants who do not provide this will not be considered.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional development
- Private Health Care Corporate Rate
- 11.5% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Consent to a broader criminal history check, where relevant
Please download Position Description for more information.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 18 February 2019
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.