'Keeping Our Generations Growing Strong'
Wuchopperen is a Community Controlled Aboriginal Health Organisation providing holistic health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Cairns.
Deadly Choices Program Officer (Identified)
Full Time Temporary - 28 June 2019
Based in Cairns
The Deadly Choices Program Officer will be responsible for delivering healthy lifestyle choices and enhanced health literacy to prevent chronic disease developing in generations of young Indigenous Queenslanders.
The above is an Identified position. It is a genuine occupational requirement that an Identified position be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person, as permitted by and arguable under section 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
To be eligible for interview, applicants must respond to the selection criteria in the position description and provide an identified reference; applicants who do not provide this will not be considered.
Benefits of working with Wuchopperen:
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- 5 Weeks annual leave
- Commitment to professional development
- Private Health Care Corporate Rate
- 11.5% Superannuation Contribution
Applicants for the above position will:
- Demonstrate relevant experience and/or qualifications
- Possess a current driver’s licence
- Possess, or be eligible for, a Blue Card (for suitability to work with children and young people)
- Consent to a broader criminal history check, where relevant
How to Apply:
Please download Position Description for more information www.wuchopperen.org.au.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 5 pm on Monday, 14 January 2019
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.